What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that can reduce the surface area stress of liquid and generate a considerable quantity of uniform and secure foam, which is used to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is actually a substance that can make its aqueous solution produce a massive level of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is actually a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of the Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it also cannot be a foaming agent. Surface activity is definitely the core of foaming.
The purpose of cement foaming agent
The main purpose of a cement foaming agent is always to promote the foaming of cement paste to create lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, causing the cement slurry to get a huge number of pores during the construction process, thereby decreasing the density of concrete and making it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, along with other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also improve the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. In addition, cement foaming agents can also improve the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to build and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It offers compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been able to meet the requirements. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this challenge. , a alternative to traditional insulation materials
- It really is lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively decreases the load of the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, while the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Boost the stability and life of the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer features a high level of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making sure the indoor floor is flat and never cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times that of the benzene board. It is made of perlite particles. More than 5 times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which is 20-30 times that of ordinary cement.
- It offers good compressive strength: if the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation round the warm water pipes during heating, and you will see no splitting in between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material utilized in foamed cement is cement, that has an outstanding bond with the lower and upper layers and can not cause hollowing or collapse of the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and may be combined entirely with the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to make a whole.
- It offers an anti-permeability effect: Because of the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is a lot more than six times stronger than that of ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is surely an inorganic material (cement) that does not burn and for that reason has good fire resistance. When applied to buildings, it can improve the fireproof performance of the building.
Do you know the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and it is generated via a collection of complicated chain reactions. The product is actually a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is not responsive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and does not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, hard to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to create foamed cement has the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, therefore it is commonly employed in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices could be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin since the primary raw material and it is made through several hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It really is produced using imported advanced equipment as well as the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is actually a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, sound quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; it is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Because of the high surface strength of the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is extremely stable. The bubbles of the foamed cement made out of it are in a closed state independent of each other, and there is not any link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance of the foamed cement products is very high. At the same density, compared with foamed cement made out of plant-based foaming agents, it provides better sealing and also heat preservation properties and better strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are commonly used inside the construction industry and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the main advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They are commonly used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, along with other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used as building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used as building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents are also utilized in the broad industry and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the main advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and may reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used as road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used as road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents are also utilized in the bridge industry, mainly utilized to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the main advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which may detect the weight of the bridge and extend the service life of the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used as bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
Top Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is actually a supplier of concrete additives, which can be concrete foaming agent and relative products with over 12 years experience with nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. Should you be looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])